• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Service Manuals

desertred

NAXJA Forum User
I'm new to the XJ community. I bought an 88 Cherokee a little over a year ago and its time to give it a little extra TLC. I have a copy of the factory service manual (M.R. 244), but it doesn't provide the electrical diagrams or cover the 4.0 engine. I have heard that I may need up two additional factory service manuals to get this coverage. Does this sound correct?

i have the 88 manuals in pdf, i can upload a zip or the sections you need.
you use a p2p? im? know of a forum that allows uploads to it's server?

Back in the day of our 88 XJs AMC did manuals different. They did engine, trans, fuel enjection, etc in different manuals. They still should be available from Techauthority, just give them a call on the 800 number. here some of the title for the others:

* 8980 010 422 MOT. I-6 Component Service Manual, 4.0/4.2L Six-Cylinder engine
* 8980 010 547 INJ. MPI Component Service Manual, Multi-port Fuel Injection (MPI) Systems
* 8980 010 426 T.A. AW-4 Component Service Manual, AW-4 Automatic Transmission
* 8980 010 378 T.C. 231 Component Service Manual, Transfercase 231
* 8980 010 613 Electrical Troubleshooitng, 1988 Cherokee/Wagoneer USA/Canada Edition

The Electrical troubleshooting manual is like $20 and worth EVERY penny. The other manuals are $10 or less if I recall. Just call Techauthority during business hours and order them, also order a new owner's manual they are $6. If you order them all the fright will be quite resonalbe compaired to buying each one seperately.

what is techauthority's #

I found that Faxon Auto Literature also has some of these manuals. However, they don't list an Electrical Troubleshooting Manual for an 88 XJ. They do list one for the 87 with a part number of 8980 010 361. Could this be the same manual (vise 8980 010 613)?

Back