• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broken rear u-joint...any upgrades?

Jeranta

NAXJA Forum User
On my way home today I cross some railroad tracks and get a loud thumping sound. I pull over and look underneath and don't see anything so I hop back in put it in gear to take off and WHAM..WHAM..WHAM..WHAM..! I get back out and the retainer bolts that hold the rear driveshaft to the axle had broken.

Now what I wonder is, is there anything I can replace it with that would be stronger than the stock style piece?

Thanks.

Yes there is.

You'll need to have the pinion yoke replaced with one that uses u-bolts to hold the joint into place.

If you are lucky there are some yokes which can just be drilled for the ubolts. To determind this you need to see if there is a big enough flat spot for the nuts on the rear side of the yoke. The ones which can't be drilled have very little room where the existing hole come out at.

mark
orgs mfg

Back