• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Link to pics from the cali fire

IMORTL

NAXJA Member #1156
links to pics

I took some pictures of the smoke this morning

Ken in Corona

i wish i had a camrera with me we were just in the hills in town (simi valley) with some guy in a chevy lumina it was the best its crazy you cant even drive out of town cops have all the streets blocked off we could have gotten awesome pics

Its crazy in San Diego this morning. Smoke everywhere and people loosing thier homes....
I called a few friends who are in the fire area.....reminded them of having important papers ready to go... also photo albums.
I think Mike should leave his toys in the garage...he needs new ones anyway.....
this sucks.....
pray all just survive...
Jeeps are replacable.....
our families and friends are not....
Rick

We have so much SMOKE coming from so many directions not to include all the back fires that are being set. The skies are brown and the sun is all but choked out.
Found out early this morning that the area I live in is ON ALERT !
The SDCFD is predicting that the fire could jump I-15 at Deer Springs Rd which will affect Valley Center and the surrounding areas. Depending upon how bad the winds kick up tonight will depend upon how fast the fires spread.
The fires are drawn up from the ground into a vortex 30' or so in the sky. Quite scarey watching the fires, how fast they spread and the micro cyclones that are created.

I work in Canoga Park and the fire (Simi Valley) is probably less then 10 miles away from my building. We can actually see the flames from our windows...... In any case... I have a feeling that I'm taking tomorrow off.....

Charles,

If you need help let me know. I'll start a backfire for you in your front yard.

Seriously, I'll come up and help you guys out. 760-889-3644.

Ray

Back