• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine mounts

andromeda2015

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody know the torque specs for the engine mounts? I just got some Rusty's mounts in, but have no idea what I should torque them down to.

I am unable to access my alldatadiy account right now since I am not at home, you know that save password feature is a two edge sword, but I know you can find them there.

In the early 90s a Technical Service bulliten came out and revised the bolt torques due to problems in the field. The ONLY place I found the torque value was at www.alldatadiy.com OR the Jeep Factory Service manual but the manual had the 1988 value, it did not have the TSB information included.

I know it will have the "correct" value and if you plan on maintaining your XJ it an invaluable source of things like book time to do the job, replacement parts - gives PN, cost of the dealer part. All of this helps me decide to do a job or pay someone to do it.

I am sorry I can't give you the number but hopefully you will get a subscription. I will renew for my 4th year in Feb, it worth the money to have access to the full TSBs plus all that other info.

Hope that helps.

Back