• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a new jack...

Brian B

NAXJA Forum User
I had a flat the other day and I just used my jack from Jeep to change the tire and it was too short to change the tire (with my lift). So I need to buy a new jack that will rise higher, any suggestions?

Thanks (I'm a newbie)! :confused:

Brian

Brian B said:
I had a flat the other day and I just used my jack from Jeep to change the tire and it was too short to change the tire (with my lift). So I need to buy a new jack that will rise higher, any suggestions?

Brian

Which factory jack do you have? The scissor jack or the bottle jack? If you have the scissor jack, carefully remove it from the vehicle and place is in the nearest trash recepticle. Then go get yourself a bottlejack (you should be able to pick one up at Sears or Walmart or something). The bottle jack will work if you place it under the axle and it works on trails as well.

I roll with a hydraulic floor jack in the vehicle at all times (along with the factory bottle jack). It's a fairly small one that I got from Sears for like $75 or something. It has a spiffy carrying case and everthing. :D

Good Luck and Rock On!

BTW - Welcome to the forum! :)

Steve

A good bottle jack works, but can be a nuisance to use on soft ground and hard to get underneath things. Another cheap alternative might be to go to a junkyard and find a bigger scissor jack. The ones from Chevy trucks are pretty good. If you're lucky, you might find a medium-sized one that works but will still stow under the back seat.

Brian B said:

Brian

Hi Brian
Welcome to Naxja :wave1:
A bigger bottle jack or a Hi-Lift would be your next choice.
Or you can do it the bling-bling ghetto butty fabulous way....
a small piece of 4x4 0r 4x6 :D

Why not carry a 4x4 or 4x6 inch with you and use that. It can provide you a larger foot print and give you the added height you need. I figure a 12 inch long piece would do you.

Back