• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing Top bolts with studs....5-90?

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
was it you 5-90 that sugested replacing the top two bolts on the engine to tranny with studs? If so where did you get metric threded studs? and what grade did you use? The only thing I can find localy is 8.8 bolts. No metric studs and nothing graded. All my bolts were 10.9 which is a grade 8. Anysugestions where to get Grade 10.9 studs or bolts?

Look in your local yellow pages under bolt and screw suppliers. These guys carry everything. It's where I always get my metric hardness replacements for the XJ. Better quality products and cheaper prices than the reject bolts they sell at Lowe's and H.Depot.

Mark

metric studs

I run a Fastenal in Oklahoma. If you can't find a stud another option would be a socket set screw. It is basically a stud with an allen drive socket on one end. It would be in a grade 12.9 which is harder than 10.9. If you know the size I can get the P/N for you.

Ed

Back