• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No turn signals

Do you have any lights at all? Do your turn signal lights come on at all? If your lights come on but not blink, you probably have a short somewhere. If they dont come on at ALL, you might have a short. You might want to replace the flasher under the dash. Its round and aluminum looking. A chilton's or hayne's manual can probably tell you where it is located if there is more than one. my 90 has more than one flasher looking deal, but your xj may only have one. good luck.

90red

When you say you replaced the headlight switch, are you referring to the On/OFF pull switch in the dashboard, or are you referring to the dimmer switch on the steering column?

Am I correct that there is an association here? You had signals until you replaced the switch, then you had no signals?

Eagle

You are correct. I replaced the headlight push-pull switch in the dash because I had no headlights. They now work fine now.

I had turn signals before I replace the headlight switch.

My hazards work.

I checked every fuse under the dash and in the power distribution box under the hood.

I even bought a new dual flasher relay today and that wasn't it either.

Also, my rear window defogger quit working too!

Any other ideas?????

Doug

Yikes!

I'm baffled. I don't know if the turn signals are in any way wired through the headlight switch (although I doubt it), and I don't have a 1996 wiring diagram to look at. I know replacing the headlight switch is a bit of a contortion -- could you have knocked something else loose while you were under there? Check behind the defroster switch and look at the base of the steering column for wires that might have been pulled off their connectors, or knocked loose.

Can't help you beyond that. Sorry.

Back