• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

??????

cguthrie

NAXJA Forum User
My 97 XJ doesn't say Cherokee on the door like i've noticed most everyone's does. It says Sport on the fender in like purple lettering. I'm just wondering if anyone knows why? Thanks!!

Chris

Your just lucky.

Or, if you bought it used, someone had an accident, replaced/repaired the door, or had it repainted, and forgot to put the sticker back on. Your Cherokee is obviously unsafe and should be crushed. I will happily act as agent for this to ensure that the parts are recycled responsibly. :)

Wasn't the Cherokee Sport a model? (Sport, Limited, Chief, ect.) I think you have the Sport model so you've got a Cherokee Sport sticker.

Sport is the model of your XJ. Every now and then DC decides to whip out the purple Sport stickers, this year it is on the YJ Sports...at least around here in Illinois.

cguthrie said:
My 97 XJ doesn't say Cherokee on the door like i've noticed most everyone's does. It says Sport on the fender in like purple lettering. I'm just wondering if anyone knows why? Thanks!!

Chris
Chris, if you want to add them (pricey) you can buy them at the dealer or at jeepsareus.com on ebay. You can get the newer style like this>>>>>>>
2d_1.JPG

Ok Well my wife sent me some pictures and my cherokee does have the emblem on the door i guess i just never noticed before. Sorry about that the cherokee is in Florida and i'm in South Korea. Thanks for the replies though.

Chris

Back