• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plug Wire Resitance

DARKFLY

NAXJA Forum User
ok i checked them last night and not to sure how much resistacne there supost to have. they were reading between 6 ohms and 4 ohms is this ok?

Darkfly, the stock wires have about 6K-10K ohms per foot. You have really low resistance wires!

I am running solid core wires on mine right now, but I had to use the stock coil wire to gain some resistance in the plug circuit. Without some resistance you'll get electrical feedback to the ignition module, and have all sorts of misfires.

If you do get misfires with those low resistance wires, don't change them, just put a higher resistance coil wire on it.

ok the coil is at 4 ohms. do you know if they sell it seperate?

Darkfly, are those Jacobs wires you have on it? Are you getting misfires and rough running?

My solid cores are Accel brand. When I first put them on and took it for a test drive, I didn't think I would make it back home. The missing was horrendous. After re-installing the stock coil/distributor wire, it ran smooth as silk. The stock coil wire is about 5K ohms, which is enough to protect the ignition module from feedback and yet still give a low resistance sparkplug circuit.

no there just some aftermarket brand dont know witch one.

Back