• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power remote mirrors . . . 'need a little help

Don Becker

NAXJA Forum User
The outside power remote mirrors on my '88 stopped working all of a sudden. My mechanic had been into the driver's door dealing with the hinges and pins, etc. I have checked all that out and I see nothing disconnected/pinched/burned/whatever either inside the door frame or inside the kick panel. I have determined, from my wiring diagram, that these mirrors get their power from and are protected by the fuse for the dome lights (the dome lights work and I found no blown fuses). I need to go back and re-check myself . . . but, I don't think I'm getting any power to the switch for the mirrors. I also know, from the diagram, I need to try to trace-out that red wire with the white stripe. What I'm looking for here is any hints any of you might have from similar experiences.

It is seeming to me that the fact these worked when it went into the shop and don't now is merely a coincidence. My mechanic is an honest man and, if I take this problem to him, he'll probably fix it "no charge" whether or not it was his fault . . . . . I just thought I'd see if I could find and remedy the problem without "bugging him."

TIA

Don

'problem solved

Back