• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about Rausch Creek sidetrip

bbaker80

NAXJA Forum User
I know it's just a possability, but would it be an additional day, or would it take place on one of the days NACFest is at Paragon? If it's instead of a day at Paragon, what day would it most likely be?

Bryan:

If it happens, it will be on one of those days. Really not sure yet when that would be, depends on a lot of things coming together. At this time, I would guess that one of the weekend days (SAT, SUN) would be the choice, but there are other considerations as well (e.g. Saturday BBQ is up near Paragon, Sunday might be a short day for a lot of people, etc.)

One of our NAC members, Lynn, is heavily involved in the 4x4 trail development of Rausch Creek. Andy Grasso and John Kolb are also closely linked to this park. Several of us have been there to help cut some trails and it's looking really good as an additional high quaility regular weekend destination like Paragon in central PA. Also, I think it's pretty obvious that there will be a separate NAC sponsored event at Rausch in the near future as well, and most definitely in 2004.

Hope this helps - stay tuned.

Mike in NJ

Well, not that I'm organizing this event or even involved at all but I'm going to throw in my .01 cent.

I'd keep it at the same park. There's plenty of terrain that can be covered at Paragon. If you want to use Rausch, set up another event or use it for next year's fest. I'd say it's more of a logistics thing than anything. If we keep everyone in the same area, there's a better likelihood of the proper help/ equipment being close at hand. Yeah, I've got my flame suit on- fire up the gel guns.

Sean

Either way I'm fine with whatever the group chooses. I live near Pittsburgh, so it's definately not a day trip kinda thing, but I'd be up for a second weekend out that way. If there is another trip in the works for Rausch Creek, I think I'll probably stay at Paragon for NACFest even if there is an optional side trip. Hopefully this year I'll be able to make it out for some trail work as well as some wheeling.

OneTon writes:

"I'd keep it at the same park."

Sean, I can't disagree with that thinking - Paragon is a very big place and there is more than enough to keep us occupied there - which is why it is such a great destination.

It's just that Rausch is not far away, we're getting in on the ground floor at that place too, it really has a great potential, we want to have a lot of enticements to boost attendance at NACFest (especially from outside PA-MD-NJ), etc. etc. ... that we are considering it.

Remember, at Moab we routinely send groups in different directions miles apart.....:rolleyes:

If we could come up with a campground that was midway between the two parks, this would be an easier choice, but there doesn't seem to be.

It'll probably depend upon how much interest is shown regarding NACFest 03, and maybe some of those who are more used to Paragon might want to try something different. We'll see.

Anyway, we're pretty stoked that now we have TWO world class wheeling parks nearby to pick from - maybe NAC will get motivated enough to run TWO biggies every year! :D

Some of us who live close by will be lucky enough to get this kind of a choice on a regular weekend. I know that's not a real big deal for our FREE-wheeling western brethren, but for those of us East of the Rockies, this comes damn close to a miracle.

BTW, if you flunk out of welder-boy school, swing by anyway.

Mike in NJ

Back