• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Years weekend

Xtreme XJ

NAXJA Member #1138
NAXJA Member
So whats everyone doing? Is there any plans for trips yet?
Just try'n to see whats going on...with who & where....
See Ya !
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

I'll be ready to run by then. Sounds like it could be a good weekend to go out. Camping may be impacted in some areas though. What did you have in mind? I do not think that I'll be too into getting far out of so.cal though.

-Scott

Hmmmm.....

I was think'n about try'n to put together a run on at least one of the weekend days...maybe camping.... I'm out in the low desert in Indio. Theres still one area close by thats not closed thats fun to wheel...nothing too hard just moderate run. I'm try'n to get it together far enough out so some can come & enjoy. It's my last weekend off.
Just think'n out loud.
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

I'll be out that way in December too.

:D TAMALE FESTIVAL :D

oh boy...oh boy...oh boy...oh boy...

:cool:

We do Truck Haven Hills that weekend. It's fun and lots of space to get together with large groups.

mark

Calico event

Our club, the Bakersfield Trailblazers, does our annual fundraising event that weekend at Calico. You are all invited to join us. We'll run Doran and Odessa canyons, plus a few extra canyons for the hard group. We'll probably also make a run out to Pumpkin Eater. We'll be in the Calico campground and dinner will be provided on Sat night, along with a raffle.

If anyone wants to go, let me know and I'll get you a registration form.

I should have my rig ready to go by then...both of them that is. Truckhaven hills sounds fun! I have been wanting to go there for a while.

TruckHaven Hills

We'll be at Truckhaven Hills with Point Mugu 4x4 club and all are invited. The more the merrier. Bring your Christmas tree as we have a huge bonfire with them. Alot of fun!!

I might go in for one of those runs..... the problem is.... too damn many people. I try to get away... not gravitate towards, no offense to anyone. I too have friends who go down to Truckhaven for New Years.
Oh well just thought I'd throw it out there.
See Ya!
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Mark Hinkley said:
We do Truck Haven Hills that weekend. It's fun and lots of space to get together with large groups.

Which weekend? December 31st falls on a Wednesday madam.

We always go to Truck Haven then too. From the day after christmas through new years day. Most of our crowd has " Loose Nuts Enterprises stickers, banners etc on their rigs.

Curt, you're gonna have to come on one of our trips...I'm beginning to think you don't like us anymore, LOL.

Dan

I know...I know... I only get afew weekends off & usually they're planned out along time in advance..... Don't take the fact that I'm not there as a snub..... too many things to do & not enough time.
I'm there in spirit.....it's funny cause I work for the company that supplies Salton City domestic water and there is a reservoir thats kinda S.E. of the main camp area at Truckhaven, at that site I have a remote camera that I swing around and watch (as best I can) all the chaos.
Never know... I just might pull up in camp......
See Ya !
Curt (Xtreme XJ)

I spend New Years out at Gordons Well. The sand dunes are the place to be on the big weekends.....I know that most of you hear about all the crud that happens in the dunes....but most of us are out for a good fun time. Gordons Well is much more sane than Glamis is on the big weekends and the dunes are more 4X friendly.
Open ended invite to any who want to join us....
Rick

Re: Calico event

Goatman said:
Our club, the Bakersfield Trailblazers, does our annual fundraising event that weekend at Calico. You are all invited to join us. We'll run Doran and Odessa canyons, plus a few extra canyons for the hard group. We'll probably also make a run out to Pumpkin Eater. We'll be in the Calico campground and dinner will be provided on Sat night, along with a raffle.

If anyone wants to go, let me know and I'll get you a registration form.

Goatman are there any runs for mildly lifted XJ's? My family has gone out to Calico for New years for a couple of years now. This year I've got an XJ to play with.

Re: Re: Calico event

karstic said:
Goatman are there any runs for mildly lifted XJ's? My family has gone out to Calico for New years for a couple of years now. This year I've got an XJ to play with.

Sure there are, you're welcome to join us. I can get you a registration form, or you can just make your own reservation at the campground and meet us there. I'll be there Friday afternoon, and will wheel Sat and Sun.

I'll be hangin with dan in truck haven

:D :D well be :cheers: and party1: till we pass out!

Rabbit

Silly wabbit

See you there. We will be camping off of Marina Drive

Back