• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windshield Wipers F'D

Imjosh

NAXJA Forum User
It was raining today and i had the wipers on and they have been kinda screwy for awhile now they would go to far over and slap the trim around the windshield and today the one on the drivers side was goin so far it would almost slap my rear view mirror then I was pullin outta quick trip and i heard a loud pop and the passenger side windshield wiper broke (not off it just doesnt move with the other anymore) when i leave the wipers on the drivers side still goes way to far over and the pass side will catch a little every now and then but doesnt work right. WHAT THE HECK DO I DO TO FIX THIS. it's a 92 laredo.
thanks for any help

Well, I'd start with checking the transmission linkage (I think that's what it's called) under the cowl vent panel. It ties the wipers together and turns the motion of the motor into the motion of the wipers.

Given what that would probably cost, go to a boneyard to get one. 84-96 will likely work, but may interchange all the way 84-01.

5-90

The usual wiper problem is the bushings; however, it sounds like you have that problem and possibly more. You'll have to pull out the motor/linkage assembly to fix it. The bushings you'll want are Motormite HELP #49445. There are six bushings in the kit. Three are the right ones and the other three are a mystery to me. The package I have says they are for 2000-97 model years but they are the right bushings for my '87 and '89.

PaulJ said:
The usual wiper problem is the bushings; however, it sounds like you have that problem and possibly more. You'll have to pull out the motor/linkage assembly to fix it. The bushings you'll want are Motormite HELP #49445. There are six bushings in the kit. Three are the right ones and the other three are a mystery to me. The package I have says they are for 2000-97 model years but they are the right bushings for my '87 and '89.

THANK YOU Paul! I have the same problem starting but only on the passengers side and was wondering what bushings I'd need. Had the same problem on another vehicle one time so I knew it was the bushings but couldn't find anything in searches for numbers.

Back