• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front sway bar and sagging???

lostcreek21

NAXJA Forum User
I got a problem. I went wheeling in a friends forest and when I came back out to connect my front sway bar I couldn't get it on. One side would go on but the other was way too far up. I got down and looked at the front and the drivers side was sagging a good 1-2 inches. BTW I have a 3.5" lift. Anyone have any ideas about what could cause this. i don't want to take my sway bar off anymore because last time i had to get a jack it up to get it back on. thanks for any help

Sounds like you have spring problems in the front. Check to make sure the top isolators (or spacers) are located properly, and check the bottom end as well. Oh, and make sure you haven't bent or cracked a coil.

Just thinking at the keyboard....... you may also want to check your rear springs. If one of them got jacked upwards, I suspect it'd affect the opposite corner.

It sure sounds like you wasted a spring,could be the front or rear.Who's kit is it?Is it an add-a-leaf(long or short)?

It's a rough country lift with 3 " coil springs and short add-a-leafs in the back. I did a pretty big hill climb and stuffed my drivers side very well when i was flexing but I didn't think that it would have permanent damage. Also when I put the swaybar back on it sat level but it was a bitch to get back on. I'll take a look at my rear springs. Thanks

You may also want to park it on a good level surface.Then remove the sway-bar and loosen all the control arm/leaf spring bolts and then bounce on each end to see if it will settle out!

Back