• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum Lines

Gecko

NAXJA Forum User
Sadly, I cant find my Haynes manual right now. But I have and 89 Cherokee that the other owner put a K&N on, not a very good job either. Anyway, next to the filter there is that little tower with some vacuum lines on it. The 2 vac lines on the bottom are not covered on mine and they make this god-awful air rushing noise. When I cover them up, the idle drops from about 700 to 500. Anyone know what these vacuum lines go to or do?

When you say K&N filter, do you mean an air tube type deal with the original air box removed? If so, then you may need to just plug up the outlets that are hissing. I also changed my 90 4.0 to that type of intake and there was one outlet that had to be plugged. The one that I plugged up went back to the air box and there wasnt any need for it. Check out this web page. http://www.xj-armor.com/tech/intake_help.htm These are the instructions I followed when I changed mine over. It may help to show which lines need to be plugged up and which ones need to be used. If you have any questions you can always email me.
[email protected]

Also, when you covered the outlets and your RPM dropped, the lower RPM is probably where you want the engine to idle.

90red

Yea it is just the filter, no FIPK or anything special. I got two of my friends who are going to come help me figure it out since i cant find my haynes manual. Im thinking that since one of them works at a VIP and knows about vac lines and the other is building a 440 ci sbc we can figure it out. But thanks for the help man.

Back