• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Somebody here has to be able to help me!

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Anyone here have a 91-96 2.5L XJ? I thought I saw someone here that had one but cannot remember who?

I've got a '91 4-banger.
Did you have a question?

YES!

Would have the ability to photograph the engine compartment? Specifically how the throttle is attached, the alt. and engine mounts and the PS pump? Don't know if you have seen some of my other post but I am trying to put a 94 2.5L engine in my 84 and have run into some snaggs. [email protected] Detailed and overall images would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like fun - not!

I have class tonight. I think I'll have some time tomorrow after I get off work to do this. Check your e-mail Tuesday night or Wed. morning...:)

Ok.....

Sounds like fun - not!

You taking the pictures or my swap?

i think he is talking about the swap, how is it going other than the small details?

The swap...

Taking pictures is easy...:D

Well........

Lots of little differences! Like the PS and the Alt. Engine is in the bay. Got the pilot bearing, new slave cylander, and clutch last week. This weekend I have a 15 year HS reunion so I will be in Chatanooga. The tranny is ready to be reassembled. The throttle bracket is missing on my engine. I have the chasis and engine harnesses ready to go in. Minly I just need time to get it all together. I think. This is proving ot be a BIG job. After this is done and running I think I'll be ready to tackle a V-8 swap :) !
Incedently I won a 93-94 2.5L/4.0LK Electronic Fuel Injectin powertrain diagnostic procedures manuel off ebay. I hope it will be very helpful. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2435219341&category=34217&rd=1

Sweet!

Yea thanks. I'll get those tomorrow from work!

Hey Ghost,

Since I plan to do something similar in the future, any chance of documenting the hard parts of the exchange?

Best rgds

Actually yea......

I was thinking of writing something up about it. There are a lot of little things I did not consider but there are other things that have actually worked out.

Back