• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas Tank skid

Majo

NAXJA Forum User
Gonna be putting on the gas tank skid...I assume it's stock but not too sure got it off xj in a junkyard....does it bolt right to uniframe rails ...if it does, would dealership have hardware...or anyone, or if anyone here has hardware they aren't using for it PM me.???

There are metal strips with nuts welded to them called "nut strips" that slip into the uniframe after removing the rear bumper. They are a Mopar factory item and the warehouses still has them in stock. The p/n's have been posted several times by Iavn & Eagle, so do a search for keyword "nutstrips" and the post with the P/Ns should come up.
Tom

If you have a factory hitch, you won't need the nut strips. The skid will use the same mounting holes.

Year

Also make sure that you're getting one for the correct year. It's my guess that a skid plate off of an older model with a steel gas tank will fit on a newer model, but I know from personal experience that one off of a late model with the plastic gas tank will not fit on an older model with the metal one.

Robert

Back