• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I want new Handles...

IMORTL

NAXJA Member #1156
My headliner was tore to crap. So I went to the a fabric store and bought some material...

$25 later I had a new head liner and Sun Shades...

But now I dont want to put those crappy plastic Hand holds back in there...

Are there any after market Passenger hand holds for the XJ?

Take a gander at my handy work...

(Thems are some hand sewn sun shades there boys...)

Dcp_4024.jpg

Dcp_4022.jpg

Dcp_4021.jpg

Wow. How did you do it? I wonder if I could get a silk screen map of the southeast for my headliner.

The safari look. You'll have to do the door fabric to finish the look. Or add a disco ball, hanging in the back, that's be a stone col' groove, my man....

Bet you'll never get Roy Horn (Seigfried & Roy) to ride with ya!! :)

Maybe you could use elephant tusks for grab handles.

He is gonna have to change his screen name to Doc Tari
whoops giving away my age again nice work though

now this jeep is for ur girlfriend right? i really hope it isn't for u! its a little on the femine side! ha ha ha

stoney

csudman said:
I think that is the uglyest thing I've ever SEEN!!!!!!!!

9m12.jpg

0548.jpg

Brad%20Pitt.JPG

If that is the uglyest thing you have every seen, I suggest you leave No Carolina every now and then...

lostcreek21 said:
How do you replace the headliner fabric? Mine is starting to sag in a couple places. thanks

I just ripped the old stuff off and glued the fabric on...

Stoney said:
now this jeep is for ur girlfriend right? i really hope it isn't for u! its a little on the femine side! ha ha ha

stoney

Sorry no, Its for me...

My Jeep it always Covered in dust on the inside and I wanted something that would not show the dirt... Sorry if my interior offeneds you male-ness...

I thought it would go with my camo paint job... maybe not...

Dcp_3905small.jpg

Hmmmm..... Was it hard to get the headliner backing out without damaging it? I was looking at doing that this past weekend but I ended up camo painting the body instead. I did a NATO tri-color scheme, 45% khaki, 45% Olive Drab, 10% black. I had to adapt a pattern I got here: http://www.olive-drab.com/od_mvg_camo.php3 The one for the M-880 Dodge pickup worked well because I was able to adapt the pattern in the bed for the roof. Anyway.....

I'm probably going to go with woodland camo fabric inside for the visors, ceiling, and seats.

Mark

MarksJeep.jpg

Your Paint job is awesome

I looked at putting authentic patterns on when I went to paint it... But it was a pain in the ass... So I just free handed it

Dcp_3384small.jpg

But yours turned out GREAT:D

Good luck on finding Camo pattern wide enough... I looked

Most material comes in 45" wide... Guess what.. the headliner is 48" wide not counting the curves on each end... I was limited to Material that was from a 60" bolt... If you do find some let me know... It was so easy it would do it again...

Ken

Back