• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE lift blocks

bordn168

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at getting the rearend of my XJ up a little more. I was looking at the Rubicon Express 1.5" and 2" blocks. The other thing I was looking at was their lift shackles. I know that the blocks would be easier to install but which has more draw backs? Also how long of u-bolts would I need if I'm running a Dana 35?

thanks

If you go with longer shackles, you'd need a 4" longer one to achieve 2" of lift. With 2" lift blocks, you likely have spring wrap problems leading to early fatigue failure of your leafs.

How about a little of each; 2" longer shackle and 1" block?

The blocks I was looking at are tappered, if the tapper isn't enough I could always just put a shim in there. According to RE, the shacles will give 1.25" of lift.

bordn168 said:
The blocks I was looking at are tappered, if the tapper isn't enough I could always just put a shim in there. According to RE, the shacles will give 1.25" of lift.

Unless you absolutely have to it's not a good idea to use a shim and a block at the same time. You're better off to grind a little off the block to get more degree.

Jump This said:
Just forget the blocks....your better off with an entire leaf pack or an AAL. Just the plain truth here.

True, true, I've been trying to use 1.5" blocks but the problem is they're prone to cracking, it's worth the $ to just get new packs.

When would you start to run into trouble with ride (cushion) as you add leafs to the rear..I have a 3.5" aal, and want to go 2" higher..add a leaf or shackle?

**sorry for hijacking your post..just wanna get some more insight.:cool:

Back