• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid ? from the Newbie

Urban Redneck

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, why is it "illegal" to run beadlocks on the street? I have heard that you can't that's why some companies are making the Street Locks. Any help would be great. I am looking at a set of BL's for $200 ea. :confused: :dunce:

Don't know, use hummers.

It's an Urban Legend. Go search on Pirate. No one has been able to find any legislation prohibiting beadlocks. They're just not DOT approved, but DOT approval isn't even all that important. Go search and you will see.

Ary

In the new Nov. 4 Wheel and Off Road there is an article on the new Hutchinson Rock Monster DOT approved beadlocks. They're suprisingly inexpensive at only $399 to $770 each! (depending on application of course):doh: :D

Most cops wouldn't even know they aren't DOT approved,and the ones that would question it probably couldn't tell the difference between the fake ones and the real ones anyway. I don't know what it's like in your area,but around here just about anything goes,so as long as you drive like you've got some sense,unless you drive a riced-out Honda with an airplaine wing bolted to your trunklid:D,then you're just asking for them to find SOMETHING wrong about your car(like that would be hard to do with a Honda anyway).

Back