• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 60? 19 or 30 spline

85xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 30 spline dana 60 with an open diff.I also have a 19 spline 60 with a detroit locker.I would like to use the 19 spline because of the detroit but am worried about axleshaft strength.Are the 30 spline shafts that much stronger.This axle will be behind a 300 hp v8 with sensible use of the skinny pedal.35 splines are the ultimate goal but not in the budget right now.

Tire size will be 35" or 36".

If you're under 35" tires I'd say go for it, but with that much HP and 35" or larger tires you're just gonna break a perfectly good rear end. Why dont you sell the Detroit & the 19 spline shafts & get some 30s at the junkyard + a new Detroit? Hell, I'm not sure buy you may be able to get parts to replace the Detroit inners for 30 spline.

I had the same idea on changing the insides over to 35 spline stuff and then buying some shafts.My brother made a call to Randys Ring and Pinion and they told him that you can't purchase just the parts to change it over to 35 splines.Maybe they let you buy the parts to change it over to 30 splines.It's worth calling them tommorrow to find out.

Back