• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shaved Door handles?

Centrevillemx

NAXJA Forum User
Hi.
My XJ is a 90' 4 door pioneer.
This winter its going in for paint as well as a lift and a sound system. I am planning on welding the rear door shut so I can cut out the fenders larger. I was talking to my friend today and he was atlking about installing the door handle kit on his 95' lightning. He offered to sell me an extra kit for $20 that includes everything you need to install the kit. If I choose to get the kit, I will either have to do the same thing on the rear doors, or weld the rear doors shut so I have no door handles as opposed to none in the front and 2 in the back (That would look kinda dorky). Would you guys get another kit or weld the rear doors?
Alos has anyone here ever installed a kit? The kit also converts the doors to power locks.

I am planning on welding the rear door shut
Would you guys get another kit or weld the rear doors?
You already know what you want to do. I say go for it if it will work. I guess this must be a universal kit that will work on whatever you put it on? And you can get the first kit for $20, but how much would it be for a second one?

What kind of kit is it? If its a good kit, $20 is a helluva deal. also, is this a winter vehicle too? cause if it is, you may want to get some piger poppers, like 45+ pounds to pop those frozen locks.

well Im not going to be able to buy 2 kits for 20 bucks each but I can get one. I'm just wondering what you guys think about welding rear doors. I would have to get seats from a 2 door so peole could get in the back. I would also get a power trunk opener as well because those are cheap as well. Nothins cooler than a black XJ smoothed with nothing protruding from the body. Im gonna take off all the trim and emblems as well and fill in all the holes with body filler and paint over it. It should be sweet.

What could be better? I know, an XJ without any body filler. Sorry, I had to, my brain throws up a red flag on every extra once. I need help with my weight reduction addiction. Go for it though, to each his own, thats why this forum's here. :D

honestly, you'd be better off getting a 2-door chassis and swapping everything over.

the 2-door front doors are aprrox 8" longer than 4-door front doors, that would look REALLY goofy w/ the rear doors welded shut, and even w/ the 2-door seats in the 4-door, you'll have some serious issues getting passengers in and out of the back.

Back