• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ rear bumper replacement options

Sleepydog

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace my bumper on my '90 MJ. Other than a boneyard MJ bumper, are there any aftermarket alternatives out there for MJ's? I've looked, but can't seem to find alternatives...

Thanks...

most everything will be custom. Which is a better way to go than the 3" tube bumpers. A link to try is bluetorchfab.com & ajsoffroad.com

Juice

The aftermarket chrome or black step bumpers are generic. All mid-size PUs get the same bumper, with a different attachment kit to mate the bumper to the vehicle. I bought one for the MJ from J.C. Whitney. Pep Boys sells the same bumper, but I don't recall if they have a listing for the MJ mounting kit.

I have one MJ here with a generic step bumper. Apparently the previous owner either couldn't find or didn't choose to buy the installation kit -- he welded the replacement bumper to the OEM frame extension "ears."

Back