• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This is big

I havent seen that one here,but there are several people here that have done this!They do look good when done right!!!!!!

The axles are stock, all the way, he uses huge lift blocks for the rear and his 38 " pj dirt grips would never stuff if he tried. This thing is Mall crawler deluxe!:rolleyes:

wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaa :rollseyes:....i thought xj's were immune to pavement pounder tampering

That is actually an arctic crawler vehicle setup, no flex need, when staying on top of the snow and such. The AEV one does look similar, but no go. Don't need a ton of axle strength in snow like that thing will see.

I know these are not XJ pictures, but here are some similar setups. It is a Ssang Yong Musso and these mods come from Iceland, a country famous for their 4x4s used over ice or snow.

Musso-Green-E32-220-38-640x413.jpg

This one has 38" tires.

musso44.jpg

And this one has 44"!!!

From the looks of the XJ above, it should be used for snow or ice too.

Rgds

granitecrawler said:
That is actually an arctic crawler vehicle setup, no flex need, when staying on top of the snow and such. The AEV one does look similar, but no go. Don't need a ton of axle strength in snow like that thing will see.

Yeah, it looks like one. That's why I said it reminds me of it, but I don't think it is, Arctic Trucks don't use american vehicles or tires and that jeep has american plates on it. I really don't think it's going to see a lot of arctic terrain in the US.

One of those Arctic Trucks was imported over here. It was a Landcriuser and must say how well they seen to be able to make their flares. Always good looking and for such a limited market. They would do well to sell them in the rest of th US. Have seen footage of the one they used to be the first to drive up some mountain over there and it was based on a MJ from memory! Had large Warn and ARB stickers all over it and was red.

This MJ was used in a Warn winch ad quite a few years back, something like "Climbing Mt./Glacier (fill in the blank)______ 125 FEET AT A TIME". But it was more of a charcoal gray, but I do remember them having a red one also, but don't believe it was used on the initial trek.

The outfit in Iceland is Benny's Auto-Some-thing-or-another. I talked to someone there about the flares, (tracked them down through Warn), back when no one was making XJ flares here. I'm sure I still have the info they sent me somewhere, they had brochures with photos of the different mod levels (usually 4 or 5 levels) for a particular vehicle. Also sent me a bunck of photos of the MJ, they even had a video of the glacier trek for sale. But the flares were very, very wide, even compared to the BushWackers. They modify their vechicles with *huge* tires so they can float across the snow with ease. They did a lot of Search and Resue type vehicles. I think mostly Land Cruisers and Nissan Patrols. Very interesting.

If I remember correctly, the flares are made out of fiberglass. They're probably good as far as wheelin' in the snow goes, not so good against trees and rocks! :)

Last edited:
It's cool looking, nice for the street. Those front coil spacers are pretty but jeez :rolleyes:. It's not that big, I'm running 38s too but mine can actually stuff. :)

It looks like decent workmanship, but I really like the lines of an XJ.

I don't like it .... at all. Reminds me of the newer ugly SUT things....
:(

Back