• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mickey Thompson Classic II Rim Questions

kthrash

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I am still in the planning phase of my new buildup and cannot decide on what to do about rims..

I want to get the Mickey Thompson Classic II's in 15x8 size to run Goodyear MT/R's 33/12.5x15.

Does anyone know if this rim will fit on a 97 XJ with 5.5" RE Lift with some trimming and TJ Flares. Better yet is anyone running this setup and have pics.. I would like to see how far they stick out. Their Website claims 3 5/16" backspacing on this rim. is that too much, too little etc...

All feedback appreciated.

No, I do not want to buy black steelies, I cant stand how they look.

I have 15x8's with 3.75" bs and 33x12.5's and YJ flares. The tires are just barely stick out from the flares (not even measureable). I would not recommend going any farther out than 3.75" bs. I would really recommend in the 4"-4.5".

I can not post pic but if you PM me I can send you a pic if you wish.

Michael

I am running 33X12.5X15 MTR's on 15X8 rims with 4.5" back spacing. They stuff really well with 4.5" lift and a small amount of trimming. I didn't have to cut past the pinch seam in the rear. I was looking at the classic II's but didn't like the back spacing. I went with Center Line Hell Cats. Summit Racing $149 each, they had them in stock, and they shipped for free. They look good too!

SJ

I have 8" lift with 35" pro comps on 15x8 Mickey Thompson Classic Locks and bushwacker flares, but I wouldn't go any bigger then 35's with 8"lift. They rub slightly when doing some extreme articulating. I think you will get by with the 33's and 5.5" lift but would not go any bigger or it will really rub, also it just looks goofy on the vehicle.

If you want pics pm me and I'll email you.

Here is a fender trimming article I did after installing the RE 5.5" kit and 35" MT/R's on a local kids jeep about a month ago. He has some 15x8" Eagle street locks with 3 1/4" BS, which look very much like the MTII's, and the backspacing is only 1/16" different. http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/fender_trimming.htm

Here is my XJ with the 5.5" kit, 37" MT/R's, on 15x8" Eagle 186's with 3 1/4" BS (and no rubbing):
100_0042.jpg

100_0038.jpg

100_0045.jpg

Back