• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comparing mm to inches tires (height)

h.curtis

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have a good chart? I looked a a couple of links, but couldn't figure them out. I was wondering what size a 315 70r 17 would be compared to in height? That was on a Hummer parked next to me today. Pretty big tires on that tank. It would never see off road and is probably too heavy to really do anything but go fast in mud or in a field, but it sets pretty high. Didn't know if I will be close to that height if I am running 5.5 lift with 33's? 33X10.50'sX15's that is.

Curt

That is a good site, thanks. Man, Hummer tires are 34's accturally a little more. I guess that tank will still be a little taller. Of course they don't fit on many trails due to them being the size of a tracter trailer truck.

Curt

285/75R16
(wmm) (s) (r)
If you want to do it manually, divide the width in mm's (wmm) by 25.4 to obtain the width in inches. Then multiply that by the tire series as a percent (s), that will tell you how tall each sidewall is. Multiply that by 2 and then add the rim size (r) to get the total height.

Example:
285/25.4 = 11.2" Wide
11.2 * .75 = 8.4
8.4 * 2 = 16.8
16.8 + 16 = 32.8" Tall

So a 285/75R16 tire will be 11.2" wide and 32.8" tall.

Back