• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE + Speedo = WTF???

Cujo

NAXJA Forum User
I recently had an AA Heavy Duty SYE installed, about 4-5 days later, my speedo started bouncing around and then just quit. I checked all the connections, all good, so I got on here and did a search, (see, some people do actually use the search function), anyway, found that it was probably a bad speed sensor. Went to the junk yard and pulled one, pulled mine out and compared the two. The shaft on the "new" one was about 1" longer than mine, but I tried it anyway and it fit, and speedo worked great...for about 15-20 miles, then it quit. Got home, pulled the "new" speed sensor out, and now it's shaft was the same length as my old one. Long story short, I've sheared off two speed sensor shafts in the past week. I didn't install the SYE, I had a shop do it, (they said they had done several before). Anybody ever had something like this? Anybody know what it could be? Should I take it back to the shop that did the install or should I call up Advanced Adapters?

You paid them to do a job so I'd bring it back to them ... I'd neglect to mention you already changed out the speedo....

A question.

What does your choice of swimming attire have to do with driveline woes on your rig?
My speedo is the fishnet 'Jr.' model, in chartreuse.
It binds from time to time, but I doubt that it has anything to do with MY sensor shaft.
:eek:

I could be really wrong, but if you reinstall the speedo turned incorrectly, won't it screw up? If I remember right, there are 3 positions it can be turned, and only one of them works right? :dunno:

To me, sounds as if the clocking is holding the speedometer's take-off gear too tightly against the output gear . . . (couldn't'a dealt with the comments if I'd'a used Speedo and "take-off" in the same sentance)

Back