• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys LCA clunking

andyr354

NAXJA Forum User
It is normal for these things to make all this noise. If I am on a rough road the clunk like crazy. The bushings are in good shape.
The bolts are all really tight where they are mounted, must be the threaded part of the LCA, they are the adjustable ones with a bend in them.
Where does the adjustable end go? At the axle or at the body?

Andy

I had (have) the same problem. Seems that the threads loosen up aftre awhile. I got some jam nuts from Rusty and that worked for awhile...back after this past weekend of wheelin'. HTH

P

Rustys lower control arm just plain suck! Broke the welds where the tubular part meets the curcular bushing holder, very scary when I found that out! The threads were also slopy as said before. Decided to get nother less than RE adj lower, very beefy

I have been looking at RE arms. Do I really need both to be adjustable? Maybe fixed lowers and adjusable uppers? That combo seems to be a common setup.

Andy

Adjustable lowers vs non adjustable

I think the reason why most people run the non adjustable lowers is because they take rock abuse and the threads get boogered up. Just my opinion.

Rabbit

Back