• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High-tec Retreads

DARKFLY

NAXJA Forum User
anyone try these tires yet there in the back of 4 wheel drive mag?

This topic came up a while back and the consensus was that there were no complaints.

I love them. I do not think you can get a better "bang for the buck" tire.

I have talked to a lot of people who have had them and I have never heard one bad comment.

On the flip side, I regularly run into tire shops that say "why do you have retreads" or "we can not balance them" or similar.

They work great,
they are cheap,
and they are good for the environment.

I have several friends who have been so impressed they have bought them also.

Michael

I just bought a 33x12.50 MT for a spare because the size matched my Pro-comps very well. Haven't had to use it yet. For what it's worth, it required very little weight to balance.

do they just have one type of MT? is it the same as a bfg mt?

The Hi-Tec mud tread is the same pattern as a Dunlop Mud Rover.

The only problem that I had was that I waited over 3 months and still they could not get me a set of 33x12.50s. They always said that there should be more comming in......
This made me worry that I wouldn't ever be able to get a replacement if I ruined one.

I think they have no problems getting the smaller tires though.

Andy

It totally depends on what you need and what they have in stock (carcases). When I ordered 4 (specifically bfg carcases) they were all out of stock but got them in the next day and I had them less than two weeks later. I ordered one later on its own and I got it in a few days.

A friend of mine just ordered 5 bfg specifics and it took almost a month.

Sometimes they have them and sometimes they take a long time to get a set of carcases that they consider good enough to use.

I have only seen good products come out of them.

Michael

One of the wheeling mags did a test a while back, and they said that they were the most well balanced tires they had ever bought, didn't look like retreads, performed well off road, and wore well. I am looking to pick up a set of their 31s and hope I don't have to wait. The 33s take a while because no one really recycles 33s. Anyhow, hope this helps.

thanks for info i am going to try to get some 33 and 31 muds for both my trucks.

mud.jpg

I might have to get me a set of 30's or 31's next, can't beat the price.

So you can specify what carcass to buy like a BFG or Goodyear?

tires

I ran a set of 30s on my cj for two years and had no problems at all. Good traction tire without a bunch of cash!!

I am not sure what carcases they can and can not use (they can only use good carcases for retreads. But I can not see why you would want to specify anything other than a bfg carcas since it is the only 3ply sidewall!! I do not think you are going to find enough of the new goodyear 3 plys to get your tires this year, maybe in a few years it will be different.

They do not offer specifying carcases. But if you tell them you specifically want a set of bfg's then they will wait to send them out to you till they have them.

4 of 5 of mine balanced really nice, one is a little heavier. Same with the ones my friend just had balanced.

They do look like retreads, but mine have been great.

Michael

Back