• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do about the a$$-end

Imjosh

NAXJA Forum User
Right now I'm runnin a rustys 3in lift new coils add-a-leaf junk in the rear and i got 2 in coil spacers for the front sittin around waitin for me to toss them on but i need to figure out what to do with back side of jeep any wonderful suggestions on how to even it up. new leaf pack? shackle? and any info on whos junk you like the best would also be nice.
thanks
Josh

The cheapest way to go would be a set of 1.5" spring shackles (Rusty's is good). Plus, shackles will net you more flex than stock. Best would be to get rid of the AAL and get spring packs. But if you're going with more lift in the future, get the shackles 'cause the stock ones will just bind. One man's opinion.:)

I just removed my Rusty's AALs and feel liberated! :D Besides only getting 2" from those 3½" AALs, the way they must be clamped doesn't offer very good flex or on-road ride. I installed Rubcon Express leaf packs and now I'm much happier. Call JohnJohn at Big Offroad (www.bigoffroad.com) for a great deal on RE springs.

For a quicker, less expensive fix, just install longer shackles. Some of the best shackles on the market are made by 4Plus Offroad (www.4plusoffroad.com). They are a NAXJA supporter, so if you call let them know you appreciate their support.

Tom

Back