• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vibes in 4wd

00xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all

2000, +3in, 65k, 242 t-case, new ujoint/slip yoke on front shaft.
31in bfg's

I just put it in 4wd the other day and the faster I drive the more vibe I get. I have had front d-shaft vibes for about 30k, until I replaced the slip yoke which fixed the problem for the summer. I do have some diff oil leaking from around the pinion seal. Did the long term vibes wear out something? If I grab the front yoke shake it there is a slight side to side movement, I have know idea if this movement has gotten worse.

Any thoughts? Is there anything I can do? or is it a dealer fix?

Thanks again.

Tom

There should be zero play side to side...sounds like a possible dead pinion bearing...it may have cooked your gears if that's the problem.... But make sure that the yolk isn't cracked and causing the play....but if there is oil leaking...might be the bearing + seal...

update

It was the carrier bearings and the pinion bearings and the yoke. They also replaced the "races" and seals. The pinon bearing was junk and most of the races were pitted. Dana, mmm what's up with that? The guy who did the work said he has seen a few other dana's do the same thing but not one corporate.

Nothing $702.28 couldn't fix.
Just Empty Every Pocket, Bank account, loan department, piggy bank, couch, car seat, freind and return all the pop cans and you might be half-way there.

Oh I almost forgot, the upper ujoints on the front shaft have also crapped out at 65k, that's great. So I'll get those fixed on Monday. great:mad: :mad:

I tod a "yoke rhakT' test ?k mx buÔfier XJpmnd mint+if definately looser. It goes to the shop tomorrow night. Thanks fnr tHm tips.ý

Toü

Back