• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Save "That" Road

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Four wheelers from northeastern states should know what road "that" road is. I know from what Earle has told me that the continued use of this famous road (which was once a public road but is now passable only by modified 4WD vehicles) is very much endangered. If you can possibly contribute a few nickels to the fund, please do so.

http://ctjeep.dyndns.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2895

Hey

Thanks for the info on that. I had no idea that the "road" even existed I will have to shake the piggy bank upside down for a while so see what I can come up with to contribute. Anyone have any info on how to get to the "road" because it sounds like it is well worth checking out.

The North Atlantic Chapter will be holding an event there (either on "that" road or on other trails nearby) in the Spring, and another probably on Columbus Day weekend in the Fall. Stay tuned for details.

As a general rule, we don't post directions to trails on the open forums because doing so would make it easier for those who want to impede 4WD access to find our trails and block access to them. You'll find that most all clubs in the northeast have been forced to operate this way in order to protect what few trails we have left.

Is there anything else we can do?

I'm kinda broke (ok, I'm really broke ;) ), But I sure would like the opportunity to run "that road" when I have the opportunity to have my XJ with me next school year.

Anyone I can write to and at least voice one more concern to keep it open?

Back