• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Number analysis plz!!

Speed_racer

NAXJA Forum User
I was told to get my jeep realigned and have them give me the numbers, well, heres what i got, if what I have isnt good, plz let me know exactly what it is, and how to fix it!

TIA guys

Front:

Caster:

Left 5.73*
Right 6.09*

Camber:

Left .01*
Right -.14*

Toe

Left -.02*
Right .01*
Total -.01*

REAR:

Camber:

Left -.41*
Right -.45*

Toe

Left .32*
Right .06*
Total .38*

Thrust Angle .13*

IDK what the hell any of this means, so plz help guys...

Ive got a 93 xj, with Re 3.5" Super flex kit, with rear leaf packs, and a daystar 1.75" spacer, and 1" shackle.

Experiencing Death wobble when i hit on one side or the other, but only between 30-50 MPH, if i punch it and go above 55 it goes away.

I also have on a brand new RE Adj Track bar.

And I have a Rancho Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer ready to go on this weekend.

thx!

caster looks ok.. some people run as much as 9.. i've ran at 3 and had no issues. i have my toe set at - .5 degrees on each side cause with the inverted y steering setup and the lift i have the tires like to wobble in an out if i have em set dead straight
( 35s ) ... dont know if this helps...

Here's some factroy alignment specs I got off Alldata for an '89:

Set to
Camber 0.0 deg
Caster 7.5 deg
Toe 0 deg Note: Right Wheel /Left Wheel
Outside Wheel Turn Angle 33 deg
OK Range
Camber 0.50 - 0.75 deg
Caster 7 - 8 deg
Toe 1/32 in Note: Right Wheel\Left Wheel
Outside Wheel Turn Angle 33 - 32 deg

Did you get your tires balanced? If not get that done now! That's what causes death wobble most times! Sure, you're alignment can be bad, your front end can be worn, and that makes it worse, so fixing all that is good, but if you don't balance it still happens. I fought DW awhile back, the balance killed it.

Sequoia
(Not to sound harsh..but then again DW is kinda a harsh subject! :D)

I seriously doubt you have DW, if you speed up it just gets worse. DW is very violent! You think your going to die.

As mentioned, make sure the tires are balcanced. Even after balancing, if you still have problem, it still maybe your tires unless they are new. If the tires are new, check the other compnents, ball joints etc..

Most DW problems have to do with tire balancing.

When the true death wobble rears its head you can't even see straight to keep your rig on the road. If you can accelerate through it you have either never experienced true DW, or your ballz are much larger than mine. In any event, good luck getting it fixed.

Okay, I didn't really read your post fully..hehe

You don't have Death Wobble bro...speeding up will not kill it..in fact, if you had it speeding up is the last thing you'd do.

Let me put it this way. When DW hits you (especially when it sneaks up on you, whcih it does sometimes!) here is yoru thought process:

"Holy #^%$ I'm going to die! Holy #^%$ I'm going to die! Holy #^%$ I'm going to die! Holy #^%$ I'm going to die! Holy #^%$ I'm going to die!"

It's not a fun thing. It feels like your front axle is being ripped out from the underside of the car by a couple of very strong people who also are suffering a seizure.

Now...to be a little more constructive...

Can you make this vibration happen on demand? If so why don't you go out with a buddy, have him driving behind and next to you, cause the problem, and have him scope out just what his happening.

What you are looking for is if the tires are turning back and forth, jumping up and down, or if the axle is moving laterally (ie, moving from the right to the left). Also have him see if it's just one tire doing stuff, or both.

Sequoia

Back