• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dummy front inner shaft?

railroadjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I got to thinking about this, and I've never heard anyone dicuss this option so I don't know if it's just a bad idea that has failed before, or if I need to go try this out.
So here's where it started, you can't drive around on your D30 without the outer shaft bolted in or some scarey stuff's gonna happen, right?
I've got a D30 hub I found from a buddy's wrecked and parted out XJ. The hub is iffy, but I noticed the outer was still there but the ears were messed up a little. Then it hit me, could I grind/cut off the ears and maybe take down the yoke a bit and make a dummy shaft in the the event I break the innner shaft or even the outer?
I realize there's probably other options, but since I had a useless one laying here I'd try it.
So I thought I'd throw this out there and see what ya'll think about it.

Chris O.

Yes you need the outer shaft ..... trust me, I found that much out this past weekend:D

It's actually something a buddy of mine and I also plan on doing once we get some grenaded outers to cut... but rememberthat if you don't have the inners in your's going to loose fluid out the sides

Back