• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear wiper bezel removal ?s

CaptTrev

NAXJA Forum User
how hard is it to remove the rear wiper bezel (where it mounts to the hatch)

mines broen and there one at a u-pull it, that can be had for cheap...but i need to know what tools to bring and how hard its going to be

thanks!!

CaptTrev

It pretty easy IF you have the interior trim of the hatch off.

You first remove the wiper arm. You will notice a hole in the arm, stick something it this hole to hold the arm away from the window then pull it off. I used the tip of my multimeter probe but you can also use a drill bit.

I broke the exterior tit off of mine which the hose for the fluid attached when I tried to pull the wiper hose off it. I ended up going to the dealer and buying a new one bezel. It was like $2 or $3.

Then remove the hex nut from the wiper motor shaft. Once this is done then disconnect the supply hose from the back side and pull off.

You might find it easier to buy a new one, my dealer had it on the shelf.

Also while you are doing this work it is the perfect time to upgrade the speakers in the rear hatch.

When removing the interior trim you need to go buy the trim removal tool at harbor fright or any parts store. If you don't use the tool you will pull the pine tree out of the trim panel and then you will have a big rattle. Also their are 2 screws used on mine, they are at the top corners of the carpeted part. Once all the pine trees & 2 screws are removed then you can just lift and remove the panel.

Back