• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I use a offset 60 from a ford van?

60's are a dime a dozen, so why mess with having compound angles in the rear driveline? This makes for mad vibes, yo.

Search for an early 80's Dodge pickup or van, some have 35 spline FF shafts.

Also, lots of early 80's Ford trucks have semi-float 60's that are 35 spline. Downside is, the shafts are retained by C-clips.

CRASH

CJ, I believe Lincoln used this 60 when he did his full width swap. Might try PMing him for more details though.

Actually I didn't do a full width swap. I remember someone talking about it but it wasn't me.

Mine just a XJ 44 in the rear and F-150 D44 narrowed to a waggy width in Front.

I agree with Crash. I wouldn't mess with the offset. If you wanted to narrow it and shorting one side to match the other fit the width you wanted then it might be worth it. I think you could find a D60 the width (or close) without narrowing though.

How much offset is the pumkin? I've worked on a few Ford van's and I don't remember them being noticably offset.

Who was it that found a 14 bolt out of a Chevy van that was the right width? Maybe that's what I'm remembering.

Lincoln

Cab and Chassis 14 bolts are 63 inches wide.

That's the narrowest 14 bolt you can find.

CRASH

If you want wide don't mess with the offset 60 then. Hit the rigs Crash listed above.

Thanks Crash that would match my front width pretty close. How much can a 14 bolt be shaved? I guess I better run down OneTon at Moab.

Lincoln

Lincoln said:
Actually I didn't do a full width swap. I remember someone talking about it but it wasn't me.

My bad Lincoln, there is a guy that lives in Boone, NC who's name is Lincoln, however his screenname here is WoodKrawler. That's who recently swapped fullwidths in.

My fault fellas.:anon: :D

Lincoln said:
If you want wide don't mess with the offset 60 then. Hit the rigs Crash listed above.

Thanks Crash that would match my front width pretty close. How much can a 14 bolt be shaved? I guess I better run down OneTon at Moab.

Lincoln
I think Petersons did a write up on that, or 4 wheelers. They said it can be shaved to the cover. To use it as a template. :rolleyes:

Back