• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Changing to a ford rear end

JEEPERCREEPER

NAXJA Forum User
I know alot of you guys are pros at this. I have a chance to pick up a rear end, complete with brakes, 4.10 gears, limited slip, out of a 96 Ford Explorer. I can get it form $250. I'm replacing the D35 in my 89 Cherokee. Is there anything I should check on this before I buy it or anything I should be aware of? Will I need to weld on different shock mounts? How about drive shaft hookup? I'll be putting in a sye at the transfer case and CV driveshaft. Do I need a special adapter from the driveshaft to Ford rearend? Any help, thoughts, suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! I would think this would be a good setup for my 4.5RE6130 lift and 32" tires. I might, at sometime, go to 4.56 gears. I'll be doing a air or electric selectric on the front D30 plus gears. Thanks again.

this has been talked about tons

just do a search for 8.8 as that is what the Exploder rear is called

Back