• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab in October Attention socal chapter members going

GRNT

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Ok, I'm stocked and ready to cook the biggest meal I've had to yet for a group, so I hope you So Cal guys are ready to lend a hand.

I will not be doing a run on Friday as I will be busy with the preperations.
I will have the Kitchen etc starting at 3:00. I will need 3 people to help with set up and cooking.
When serving I will need 3 people. We are planning on serving at 6:30.
I will also need 3 people for clean up. I would like to use different people so that you will not have to be stuck with the whole thing.
I will not be arriving until Tuesday now due to a must attend meeitng on Monday evening.
Please look me up. I will be camping at Slickrock campground.
Thanks in advance and drive safely.
Mil

do you want advance notice as to who is doing what?? And kind of curious about how will the serving look... kind of like a chow line and 3 guys are plopping stuff onto the plates? I think I can offer you 2 people for that :D

Just going through the "who's leaving when" thread I count 10 going from SoCal, not counting Grant or myself. If everyone lends a hand we should be fine.

As a reminder, each chapter or area is handling one aspect of the event. Dinner Friday night is SoCal.

Since I'm overseeing the program that night, I won't be available for kitchen duty, but I'll be there to give moral support. :D :D

Helping Hand

I am planning on helping and will have two ride alongs that can lend a hend as well. I have some (3 - 3x8) folding tables, should I gather them up? Hate to bring them if we do not need them, but also hate not to take them and then need them. What do you all think?

Joe, we can use some tables for Tuesday evening, but I don't think you're leaving until Wed, right?

Correct

Will be leaving Wednesday. Can hand off to some one else if they want to haul them? Will meet somewhere to make it easier if someone wants to haul them. These are freebees so if they make it back Great if not Oh Well.

Joe

Re: Correct

Xjman1 said:
Will be leaving Wednesday. Can hand off to some one else if they want to haul them? Will meet somewhere to make it easier if someone wants to haul them. These are freebees so if they make it back Great if not Oh Well.

Joe

Maybe Andy can take them :D

Kejtar

Helen and I will be getting in later on Saturday.

We're willing to help! While I can't carry any tables, do we need anything else:

tongs
bbq mittens
knives
etc ( <--- I got plenty of this)

bburge
Bill Burge
4FOOTED

I can help!

I can help. were do ya want me!
Rabbit

p.s coming in wednesday morning!

Thanks everyone.

Why don't you let me know during the week when we get there and I'll make a schedule so to speak of who, when and where.
We won't need anything for the Friday nite dinner in the way of tables etc. The senior Center is equiped with everything.
Yes it will be a set up chow line. We will need servers.
I will also need a couple people to feed the servers the food as it runs down. I sounds like alot of work but it really will run well and I know all of you will really step up and do a great job.
Richard, I wasn't planning on you into the dinner help.
You keep up the great work your doing.
Thanks
Mil

We'll also need someone at the beginning of the food line to collect meal tickets.......just something to keep in mind. It looks like there will be plenty of SoCalXJ'ers there to get the job done.

See everyone in a few days,

Back