• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing these things

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
I guess this is some sort of sound deadening? No really sure. I have 5 pieces stuck to the floor of the XJ and they don't really peel off. The bottom is like tar. Just super sticky. The top is shiny and reflective - kind of like real thick aluminum foil. I pulled the carpet and am going to sand the floor and herculine it since I am not putting windows back in.

Anyone have any suggestions to get this crap off the floor? Any specific product work well?

49289870377_0871822f4d_z.jpg

49289660611_6020498ee6_z.jpg

Overall, pretty pleased with the state of the floor. This is one of just two rust holes and this is the biggest. (sorry rust belt guys - had to brag a bit about southern trucks!!)

49289715386_0d2bd5df00_z.jpg

From what I've read throw dry ice on there to freeze it then Just scrape off.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I've used a torch and scraper. Worked decent. A wire wheel on a grinder works fairly well but it's nasty

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, dry ice is the "approved method" but if you don't feel like trying to buy it and don't care about paint on the other side heat gun it

Know someone who orders from Omaha Steaks? That’s how I get my dry ice — neighbor gets a pretty regular delivery of meat — always have dry ice around to play with...

I used a heat gun and scraper to get the bulk of it off and then used Xylene on what was left. Xylene melts it down into a liquid state we’re you can use a rag to wipe it off.

I used a heat gun and scraper to get the bulk of it off and then used Xylene on what was left. Xylene melts it down into a liquid state we’re you can use a rag to wipe it off.

That works. hope you had gloves on lol

That dry ice trick worked like a champ...plus I got to do cool Halloween fog tricks with it after I was done in the Jeep!

49351326916_56bd1b54f4_z.jpg

Back