• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sway bar disconet question

No, just make sure they are secured and will not com into contact with anything on full suspension compression or extension or steering range or movement.

No problem with doing it. The reason people purchase and install quick disconnects is for the convenience factor, being able to quickly and more easily disconnect and re-connect the links when going wheeling. If you rarely go off road and realize it just takes awhile to unbolt the fixed links then you should be fine, if you plan on taking it off road more frequently it is a good idea to invest in the disconnects. I ran the Zone offroad ones on my XJ for awhile https://www.amazon.com/Zone-Offroad-ZONJ5451-Sway-Disconnect/dp/B01DQUCV4S . and eventually put them on my ZJ when I went with the Currie anti-rock off road sway bar on my XJ.

Or like me, you just get tired of hooking them back up. After the first ten years I just stopped running them, ten years later the only time I use them is for towing.

make sure you strap the dangling link out of the way, dont let it flop around where it can interfere with suspension and steering when unconnected

also keep a spare bolt and nut, or if quick connect a spare pin in your glove box, they do get lost.

Back