• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving to Huntsville AL

jcnoble

NAXJA Forum User
I am taking a job in Huntsville AL , leaving next week. Thanks to all in SoCal chapter. Jeep is going too, looks like the mud will be fun. What chapter is that in anyway?

a8e01ea499be381f9d0e43560cd8dbcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alabama will put you in the Southeast Chapter, or SEC. One floor above SoCal.

Best of luck with the move and the new job.

That is a good bit of a distance to move.

Thanks, the cost of living is quite a bit lower there, and with any luck I will retire in about 5 years.
Huntsville is 10 miles south of Tennesee and it looks inviting. Anyway I will find out soon. Happy wheeling !

Get ready for the humidity. It’s not a “dry heat” out here. Lol!

I hear ya. I used to travel alot to Fla and Houston so I have felt the boiling heat.
But I’m not gonna miss the wind and fire seaon.

The heat is rough, weather a bit unpredictable but there are so many things that are better that it makes up for the downside. Cheaper fuel, lower cost of living, green summers, and no emissions are big perks.

Stuff does rust out here but if you've been in Florida you know that. Huntsville will be better than Florida in that respect.

Wheeling will be almost all private parks as there is virtually no public land like you have out west.

Welcome to the south....Yeeeee Haaaawww!!

You are about 30 miles from Hale Mountain, 60 miles from Wooly's, 80 miles from Adventure Off-Road, 200 miles from Windrock, 210 miles from Land Between the Lakes, and 315 miles from the Cherokee Crawl in Harlan KY.

Not sure when you arrive, but there are a few of us going to LBL on Saturday. Come on!

Welcome to the SEC.

I spent only a month out there in the National Guard. It was transitioning from winter to spring. Some of the most beautiful countryside I've ever seen.

Back