• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-fan schematic?

nrwphoto

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where I can find a wiring schematic for a second electric fan?

I have additional connectors so I can add another 40A fuse in the factory fuse box. I want it to only work when the ignition is on and it will be on a separate temp sensor form the A/C condenser fan.

What signal source is popular to use for “key on”.

I just tapped into the fuse box in the passenger side kick panel. I just used a test light to find one that was on during start-run and used a tap in like this one .
6CJE7_AS01_zps2sxou7jm.jpeg

and used that to activate the relay, and then ran the power from the battery to run the fan.

There is also a dark Blue/White wire that can be tapped into off of wiring harness in the engine bay

You can probably use the aux fan override write up to find the wire in your engine bay if you wan to tap into that. https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1025399

Here is a general aux fan wiring diagram -

fan1_zpsa1u8ltv3.jpg

What year? My renix already had a pigtail for the fan.

My 91 also had it. I needed to add the relay and a fuse and it worked as it should. The vehicle never came with the 2nd fan. It was easy to add.

Don’t use fuse taps. Run relays and fuse your new system at the source. The key switch has the acc and run wire on it. If you want to get real red neck just put a relay inline with that wire and it can complete the circuit and close the relay for the power for your fan system. That would be much safer and easier than the fuse tap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is a 2001. I did notice a pigtail in front of the radiator but I assumed that was for the optional outside temp sensor.

A few years back I had a 98’ with the UpCountry package and overhead console/information display.

Thanks for the wiring diagram. My current confusion is the factory condenser fan is not coming on with the A/C, only when the engine hits 220 as secondary cooling. I have checked and when I turn on the A/C the 40A fuse is getting voltage.

nrwphoto, I have a 2000 XJ - and I put my fan on a manual override switch, following the directions that I posted earlier. so now when I am wheeling I simply flip it on when I need to and it keeps the rig nice and cool. I just went out and checked my XJ, and the electric fan does not kick on automatically just when the AC is activated. It might just be temp based.

My 2000 E fan will not kick on just by turning on the ac — kick on for mine is definitely temp based

I did do an E fan override switch on my 96 although that one does kick on with the AC compressor

Bajabronco and Heavyopp, thanks for checking your fans. Guess I just remember wrong. I will definitely be rewiring the fan to be on a switch or at least at a lower temp.

As warm as these engines run in the small engine bays of the XJ I was really surprised to see that they have 2 cats immediately after the manifold. I knew they switched to 4 O2 sensors and multiple cats to continue meeting CA emissions but that’s a lot of extra heat.

Back