• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cat Back Flowmaster...

Chrus Insull

NAXJA Forum User
Leaning towards a 50 series cat back system. Not looking for any mileage increases! Looking for a more “aggressive” sound without being obnoxious... Any input or recommendations? Single/ dual outlet? Inlet/ outlet pipe size? TIA!

My Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow cat back sounded great outside, but had an obnoxious drone on the highway. I would suggest something different.

I replaced the Flowmaster with a Thrush Welded.

Last edited:
I have a Flowmaster 50 series muffler and it doesn't sound obnoxious at all.

Leaning towards a 50 series cat back system. Not looking for any mileage increases! Looking for a more “aggressive” sound without being obnoxious... Any input or recommendations? Single/ dual outlet? Inlet/ outlet pipe size? TIA!

I was running a thrush welded on my XJ. I liked it. Nice sound but it did have drone around 2500prm. I didn't mind it driving around town but after a while of poking around on the trail it would get to be a little obnoxious. You can run a resonator to help.

My WJ I'll be running a super 50. Can't comment on the sound yet but is what a lot of people liked for the V8 WJ's

Keep single outlet and stock size pipe size, 2.5" would be the max size if you wanted a little bigger but it's not going to really net you anything.

Back