• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire question

Czjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I haven’t found an answer in all my searching.
My ‘99 is about 1.5” taller than stock.
I have a set of the factory steel wheels that I want to mount a snow tire on.
Should I go with the original tire size?

235/75R15 is a really common size, should be able to find plenty of snow options in that size. Depends if you want a bigger tire than that or not, if so going to a 30x9.5x15 will fit without issue

Don’t know your situation, but there are several AT tires that do very well in the snow. If you go that route you only need one set.

235/75R15 is a really common size, should be able to find plenty of snow options in that size. Depends if you want a bigger tire than that or not, if so going to a 30x9.5x15 will fit without issue

Okay, that 235/75-15 sounds good for my uses. I was worried about interference with the skinny stock steel wheels.
Thanks!

235s won't have any fitment issues on steel wheels, I (and countless others) have run those on several XJs over the years. Shouldn't be any rub on any parts of the body either, I've always had plenty of room

Back