• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 Cherokee error code 11

imhellaslik

NAXJA Forum User
This is my problem,first off I think im experiencing heat soak.... I drive a 1993 Jeep Cherokee sport 2wd inline 4.0l automatic 4door

so car starts fine and drives fine but when the temp gets to the 210 mark it stays at the same temp. But my car starts to spudder out and stall and eventually die out when it stops. the idle was normal but over the last most it steadily declined and runs normally at 100rpm. very low. I can only use it for small trips here n there. Additional things i notice are the heat dosn't warm up that great, my oil was leaking tremendously but i tighten the head bolts and it stoped. It eats gas most more then it did when i first bought it in october. Also me n my mechanic uncle dont get alot alot but he briefly told me that the pcv valves like to clog on this model. I am novice but have committed to learning more about my jeep because I like it and want to maintain it.

im short on funds so i want to do this right the first time and not fix everything but the issue. I did the turn the key 3 times and count the check eng light flashes and recorded code 12, 11, 55. 12 & 55 are common codes. the code 11 is defined in the book as cam shaft/ crank shaft sensor problem.

im open to suggestions and will provide any further info. Keep in mind i am green as kermit and dont know everything. Ill keep eye on this thread and if there Is a topic about this already please leave a link. Thank you for reading

Back