• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix breather elbow hose source?

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
Anyone know the part number or source for just the rubber 180* hose on the Vacuum tube line assy? Its the one that attaches to the back side of the Air filter box, about 1/2" rubber.

07070201-1056200.jpg

I don't ever remember a separate listing for that hose. Rock Auto has the whole rear vacuum harness for $16 or so.

Gates hose is for coolant.

The Jeep hose is for ambient filter air on the intake stuff.

Coolant is way more more aggressive than ambient air.

Hmmm. I wonder why the one they used got all soft and mushy.

Maybe the oil fumes and heat attacked the rubber blend? Ozone is fairly deadly for most rubber blends, I imagine blow by has some ozone in it?

I replaced most of my vacuum lines with soft copper tubing. Not really a cost effective option unless your a plumber (or refrigeration tech) and have a selection of the stuff laying around. Sure looks neat, lasts for ever and is fairly bullet proof.

Mix of ERG circulated, etc, unburned oil and gas vapors from the Intake manifold that backs up in pulses during rapid decel and accel. The oem hose was cheap soft foam like material anyway.

Back