• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ Cruise Control Set Speed

Criver12

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a way to lower the set speed for the cruise control? Currently, it is programmed to engage above 35mph. I was wondering if I could get it down to 25-30 mph.

I don't think I'm desperate enough to do this but I was thinking of installing a universal rostra as I could get is set speed down to 15mph. (I've put quite a few on different vehicles)

Thanks

Possibly, contact Dave at B+G. The 2000-01 has a more tune-able PCM but he could answer your question

Interesting idea, but how would this be useful for anything ??

Interesting idea, but how would this be useful for anything ??

My base has speed limits of 30 with some long stretches. The security forces are known to pull people over doing 31. Kind of strict honestly. The 30mph set speed has been useful in my other vehicles on many occasions.

You could get smaller tires, lower gears, or put a different speedo gear in the T-case and use a GPS to check the calibration. I run 4.56 and 32's and would be right on 30 mph actual speed with the computer thinking its going 35.

Back