• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding Lift.

Arsenalw80

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I recently bought a 99 XJ with a 4.5 inch lift. It has an SYE done already and I'm looking to go up to 6.5 inches(Eventually want to go up to 35s + regear.)

Could I do 2" spacers, control arm drop brackets and drop pitman arm, then shackle relocation and or adjustable shackles for the rear? Its a budget build so I don't really want to do anything too crazy if possible. Is a full aftermarket steering needed as well when its mostly a DD?(Snow, Ice and occasional offroading for camping/hunting.)

Thanks!

Yes.

I did 2" Teraflex spacers in the front, and a set of rear shackles from a Dodge Ram pick up - older model - early 2000's. It netted me 2 inches all around. I did control arm drop brackets and adjustable front control arms and it helped as well.

Eventually I did do a shackle relocation bracket as well, but not initially. That wasn't for height, but for shackle angle.

Back