• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone up for the Rubicon June 2019?

BlurpleXJ

Blue. Purple. Blurple.
NAXJA Member
Alright so maybe this isn't a huge deal in Cali but for us East Coast boys, running the Rubicon is a bucket list type thing which I thought I would never get to do. I don't want to let it slip away while the Army has me assigned to Cali, but my schedule is pretty crazy. We go three weeks balls-to-the-wall and then get a slow week with a four-day weekend. I have to plan things pretty far in advance. As far as I can tell, the best window I'm going to get is 20-23 June 2019.

Basic thoughts for a plan is drive up the morning of the 20th (7 hrs for me). If any Sierra chapter guys want to go and can't run on Thursday, I may putter around other trails and camp close to Lake Tahoe somewhere and then hit the Rubicon on Friday. Off the trail Saturday night, probably camp again, drive back on Sunday. Something like that.

FWIW I am riding 4" lift on 31s, f/r lockers and chromos, all the armor, winch, etc etc. I have a CB, recovery gear, the basic spares. I'm not an expert wheeler but I'm competent. Maybe too little tire for the job but otherwise should be ok. May consider bumping to 33x10.5s for this run.

Anyone interested/available during that time window?

I'm a maybe, I'll have the days off....just have to see what plans come up between now and then.

I'd like to do the Rubicon for sure. There are already a couple of other guys I know from SoCal planning a run sometime next summer. And I expect the Sierra Chapter will do a Rubicon run before Sierra Fest in August, as they always seem to. So I expect that I'll make it with one group or another. Kind of early for me to commit to any specific dates because my work schedule doesn't really allow for it.

Subscribed.

I can’t commit to dates just yet. But I usually start getting my Tahoe itch by June. I’ve been through the Rubicon 3x in the last 3 years.

Just two days on the trail? It can be done but it won't leave you much time for anything else but driving. If you can make it happen, I'd suggest a minimum of 3 days on the trail.

I might be able to join this trip but too early to know for sure...

Just two days on the trail? It can be done but it won't leave you much time for anything else but driving. If you can make it happen, I'd suggest a minimum of 3 days on the trail.

I might be able to join this trip but too early to know for sure...

True.

1 night at Buck, 1 night at Springs seems to work well

Back