• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pump issues.

SilverbackXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I replaced the fuel sending unit today in my 89 because it would cutout going around turns with low fuel, and because the ring was leaking.

Well after replacing the entire unit, it wont start, the new one is not pumping fuel when i pull the feed line off the filter. I pulled the return line just to see if i got them mixed up, but to no avail, no fuel is being pumped at all. I made sure i put the unit in with the pick up screen towards the bottom of the tank, although The gauge is reading completely empty which would mean i have it the wrong direction in my mind.

Did i miss something? Do something wrong?

I'd pull the module and confirm the wires are on the pump the right way and that it's submerged in fuel.

It was the pump its self. Took it out verified there was fuel tested the connections made sure they were good. Went and got a new sending unit. As soon as i went to prime it heard the drip of fuel and wallah! Pressurised the rail and it started right up. Have since filled the tank completely (no leaks yay!) And went and took some hard left and rights. All of my problems solved! Thank you for your help!

Back